Rehab Sciences Sector
Status-only appointment (at the rank of Lecturer)
Initial status only appointments are offered for a term of 1-3 years, from July 1st to June 30th. Activity reports are to be submitted to the Department Chair on an annual basis. To be considered for renewal of an active appointment, an activity report must be submitted.
Initial Status-only Academic Appointment
Candidates who currently do not hold an active status only academic appointment with one of the Rehabilitation Sciences Sector departments may submit an application for an initial status only academic appointment. A complete application consists of three (3) parts: an online application form, an up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae (CV)*, and 2 to 3 letters of reference. The reference letters will be collected by the Sector once an online application with resume or CV* is received. Instructions on how to submit these letters will be sent via email.
Approval of Initial Status Only Appointment:
Department Appointments Committee - Department Chair - Human Resources - Dean
How to Apply:
Ensure resume or curriculum vitae (CV)* is updated and complete prior to completing the online application form (Step 2).
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM Complete the online application form, attach up-to-date resume or CV* (Step 1), and then submit.
Within a week of application submission, the candidate will receive an email with instructions on how to solicit 2 to 3 reference letters (signed and on letterhead) to complete their application. Please encourage your referees to submit their letters within 2 weeks of the date of your submission. All reference letters must be received within 2 weeks of the date of submission. Applications will not be considered complete until reference letters have been submitted.
* Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) must be well organized and sections must be clearly identified to highlight current and past employment, education, teaching (in class and clinical), and any academic appointments held. Please do not submit a simple list of items or it will be returned. Candidates may also adopt the Faculty of Medicine standard CV format to their needs.
- A confirmation email will be sent to candidates within a week of submission noting that the Department has received the application and to provide information on the process for requesting and uploading the required reference letters. **Please remember, all reference letters must be received before the department will consider the application.**
- The review and approval process will be completed by July 1 of that year.
- Letters of offer will be sent to successful candidates following the Dean's approval. ***These letters must be signed and returned to the Department for the appointment to be considered accepted and active.***
NEW! Annual Activity Report and Renewal of Status-only Academic Appointment
As of 2020, all faculty with an active Status-only Lecturer academic appointment held with one of the Rehabilitation Sciences Sector departments must complete an annual activity report. Appointments will be renewed every 1-3 years dependent on the end date on your letter of offer.
To request renewal of the Status-only Lecturer appointment, faculty are required to complete an online annual activity report. Submission of an activity report will be accepted as the appointment renewal application, unless additional information is required.
* Those holding an appointment that does not end on the upcoming June 30th will still be expected to complete an annual activity report to continue the appointment.
Approval of Renewal Appointment:
Department Appointments Committee - Department Chair - Human Resources Review